For Ryan.


 
Image result for male angel abstract
May 6, 2008. I was trying to find my way in Makati city. It has been 2 weeks since I moved to Manila and I was learning my way around. It was my first day on my new job. The training will be held at Insular life Building and I had no idea where it was.
 

I left my house in Paranaque about 4:45 AM to avoid the morning rush. I arrived at Insular Life at around 5:30. I pressed the up button on the elevator and waited for it to come down, pressed the button again, this time going to the 4th floor. I went inside the office and left my ID to get a temporary one and went straight to the training room. You were already there.

The training class started and it was that time again that we introduced ourselves. I remembered how you were so shy, and had a very soft tone introducing yourself to the class. You were sitting next to Eydi and you guys became instantly close. There were 20 of us in that training room and you guys seem to have a world of your own. That's how I first knew you.

Months passed, I left and started working for a new company. One day I was searching for you in facebook and added you as a friend. We started a little bit of flirting from there, which was very funny since I know that you were too naive to actually admit that you were gay.

Later on, I saw you in a company outing and was surprised that you and I were working for the same company again, this time in different LOB's.

its been close to 5 years since I've known you and I never really got to know a lot of things about you because we were very different people and I didnt think that we could've been close. 

When you were in college, I know that you were in school during the day and was working at night. You were a very hardworking man. You wanted to have a better future. I admired that about you.
Life must've been hard for you back then, that's why you had to make both ends meet. I dont know why you had to do that, but I know that it was for a good reason. You Graduated. I wish that I had your dedication and your stride.

I dont know a lot about you, but I wish I could've. I dont know your struggles, your hopes, your dreams, your triumphs and your pain.
I admire your strength, I wish I had the time to get to know you better. But its too late for that.

You DIED...

Rest in Peace bro...

Comments