Knock Knock.

Someone knocked on my door today and asked me to step out.. It was a teenage boy, Stick thin, about my height but he was too skinny for his own good. I think about 110 - 120lbs.

He said to me "Why cant you be like you were before? Someone who is not afraid to seek out what everybody wants in this world. Someone who would give everything up just to be happy?"

I was surprised that he asked me such a thing. 

Then I said, "I cant... Im afraid to" 

"What are you afraid of?" He replied 

"For starters, Dont be like me. Dont just waste your life building walls around people who are trying to get close to you. People who are willing to love you but yet you push them away because you are afraid!"

I looked the boy in the eye and he started to shed tears. Without blinking nor moving an inch.

I asked him. "What's wrong? and who are you anyway? Why did you come to ask me these questions?

"The boy replied "I'm just sad, I never knew I would grow up to be like you. Angry, Bitter, and Hurt!"

I was shocked to hear him say this, I didnt know what this kid was doing in my apartment and why he was asking me such questions.

I asked him."What's your name? How old  are you?

""My name is Josh, and I am 14."

I heard him say that and then I woke up.

Comments